Monday, June 29, 2009

We survived

Well me and Nick got home on Sat from our ward's trek. And I have to admit that it was more physically demanding then I thought but it was absolutely amazing. Me and Nick were the Ma and Pa of our ward, and we both grew to love the youth so very much they are amazing! And they strengthened me and my testimony. I also grew to love the other leaders in our ward what amazing people!!!!
Well a little about the trek. It ended up being just under 35 miles that we had to walk. The first day was the longest at 14.5.
On the second day we had what was called a women's pull to honor the women because the men would give there food and clothes to there families they ended up dieing first so it was up to the women to pull the carts. So the men had to leave us and watch as we pulled these heavy handcarts up a steep hill, but it was so moving and gave me such an appreciation for the pioneers and also how powerful the priesthood really is.
On the 3rd day we had an exercise were they blind folded all of us and put us in a field. It just happened though that a storm was in the distance so as we were blind folded and alone in a field, it started to get cold and a little windy. I was wondering what was going on and started to think that I had been forgotten, then music started playing in the background and I began to ponder how this must be a small taste of life. Sometimes I feel so alone and feel the storm of Satan in the background and wonder if I have been forgotten, then someone taped me on the shoulder and still blind folded guided me back to camp. What an amazing feeling I had, and my gratitude to the Savior is so full. I truly believe that our leaders such as bishop ricks and stake leader are here to guide as well as the spirit and our Savior to help us return to our Heavenly Father! Then of course the storm did arrive and it was crazy, the wind and the rain destroyed two of our tents, but it only lasted about 40 mins and then the double rainbow that followed and the sunset were amazing!!!!
On the last day we sang The Spirit of God, and I cried the entire song! But I am so grateful for the experience to go and have defiantly come out of it a better person and have a stronger testimony. It truly was amazing and I hate to brag but we have some of the best youth and leaders out there!!!!

4 comments:

Meg and Brandon said...

ha ha ha ha that picture of nick is AWESOME! i never had to go on trek when i was in young womens and i thought that was a blessing but after hearing about it from so many people i've come to realize i really missed out :( i hope i can do it someday too.

Jenn said...

I have always really wanted to go have that neat experience. I'm glad you survived!

Kandis said...

It was awesome wasn't it! I am so grateful that you were our Ma and Pa! Thanks for all your hard work! The youth just love you! {and the leaders do too } {wink}

Anonymous said...

that looks like so much fun! I am so happy that you could do this. I am sure the youth loved you and nick.